Distinguished ladies and gentlemen of the media, it gives me great honour to receive you today and also for us to have the privileged opportunity to share from the repertoire of RCCG Charity Projects and initiatives with you.
Beyond this, I must say that interacting with the media in an atmosphere such as this helps to set the tone for the commencement of a process of developing constant rapport, the creation of access and cordiality between the media and the Foundation.
This I believe are necessary for effective communication and most profoundly the establishment and sustenance of positive public perception. Therefore, permit me to say thank you for honouring this invitation at such short notice.
His Love Foundation
His Love Foundation is the RCCG Global Charity Organization. It is a faith inspired charity serving millions of people world-wide regardless of their sex, religion, social or economic backgrounds. We collaborate with over 43,318
partner centre in various locations all over Nigeria and has operational presence in 197 Nations of the world.
Our 6 primary focus areas are: Health, Hunger, Prisons, Education, Social Enterprise, Rehabilitation. These interventions are aligned to the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), which as we all know are a universal call to action to end poverty, protect the planet and ensure that all people enjoy peace and prosperity.
His Love Foundation’s Impact as at April 2019
- Number of CSR operating centres/RCCG parishes: 43,318
- Total number of projects done from March to date: 57, 686
- Total number of people impacted: 14,065,959
- Total number of states impacted: 36 States plus FCT
- Total number of Local Government areas impacted: 455 local Government Areas
We have therefore committed ourselves to our mission of:
“Help for the helpless, Hope for the hopeless, Food for the hungry, Strength for the weak.”
In the area of health, the foundation’s initiatives include the following:
- Medical Mission Outreaches: We conduct medical outreaches twice a year – Easter and Christmas for thousands of people all over the nations with 230, 538 Beneficiaries
- Maternity Centres across the country: We operate free delivery maternity centres at our partner locations across the Country.
- Healing Stripes Hospital: We provide medical care at affordable prices. We have specialization in dentistry and ophthalmology. In partnership with medical institutions abroad, we have conducted nine (9) successful kidney transplants.
- Kirikiri Maximum Prison Referral Hospital: We refurbished and equipped this facility to provide a decent medical for the inmates.
- Healing Stripes Cancer Screening and Diagnostics Centre: We have screened over 100, 761 people at subsided rates
- Healing Stripes Dialysis Centre: We have about 9,505 completed sessions at subsided cost and a good number done for free.
- Lagos State University Teaching Hospital Intensive Care Unit (LASUTH ICU): We equipped this unit in 2017 and 202 people have benefited from it.
- Plateau State Specialist Hospital ICU: As a second in this series of ultra-modern health projects, we are commissioning this unit on Friday, 10th May 2019.
1.57,881,035 Meals served from March 2018 to date in the 197 Nations we operate
- Over 200,000 meals served at 16 daily feeding centres from March 2018 to date
- Food Banks:
Distribution of foodstuffs from our food bank to thousands of beneficiaries nationwide
Distribution of foodstuffs to 1,000 victims of Super Typhoon at Calasiao Pangasinan, Philippines
- 91,703 students have benefited from scholarships, educational grant and support
- Free Schools (free tuition, uniforms, free meals, and books)
- 99,684 prison inmates impacted through the rehabilitation of Kirikiri health centre, chapel and Open University library
- Refurbishing and equipping of the Kirikiri Prison Medical Centre
- Renovation of Christ the Light Chapel Building at Kirikiri
- Provision of over 5,000 packs of food for prison inmates in Lagos every Sunday
- Legal Aid services are being provided pro-bono and many have been set free
- Donation of ambulances to Kirikiri Maximum Prison and Agodi Prison, Ibadan
- 2,802 beneficiaries of It’s New to Me Charity Shop
- RCCG Vocational Institution (RVI), Lekki
- 24 students have graduated till date with 16 distinctions from National Business and Technical Examination Board (NABTEB)
- Business Networks in conjunction with Lagos State Employability Trust Fund (LSETF): Total registered till date is 290
- Habitation of Hope: 6,976 beneficiaries
- Christ Against Drugs Abuse Ministry (CADAM): 2,805 beneficiaries
- Wholistic Outreach. (Rehabilitation of prostitutes and abandoned girls): 1,003 beneficiaries
- Wellspring Rehabilitation: 1,010 beneficiaries
- House of Joy: 500 beneficiaries
- Virtuous Women: 41 beneficiaries
The Beth-Tzadekah Home for young children rescued from the street life of easy virtues
Finally, we know that to love God and to love our neighbours as ourselves, therein lies the whole duty of man. The bedrock of motivation therefore is Love for God and for humanity. Hence, there is a compelling sense of responsibility to our community and individuals. Our CSR projects, programmes and initiatives therefore attest to our sacrifices of love. For us, CSR is matter of life and death – it is not an option. Because we have to answer these simple questions: “did you feed the poor, did you give the thirsty drink, shelter the stranger, did you take care of the sick? did you visit and take care of the prisoners?” And I will like to invite you to join us in this journey as we continue to impact our world positively.
Thank you and God bless.